A CLFP will consent, in writing, to adhere to the Standards of Professional Conduct and the CLFP Pledge.
CLFP Standards of Professional Conduct
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will always strive to conduct all business dealings in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will respect ownership of funds delivered as advanced fees or security deposits and will treat in a fiduciary capacity all funds received in that capacity.
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will strive to constantly gain additional education to improve his/her professional competency and will work to promote education and integrity within the leasing industry.
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will never knowingly make false or misleading statements to his/her employer, employees, customers, vendors, brokers or funding sources.
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will never be involved in fraudulent activities.
- A Certified Lease & Finance Professional will act in a leadership role in the industry and always be held to the highest standards of conduct applicable to the industry.
“By applying for certification and recertification I agree that, if certification or recertification is granted, I will adhere strictly to the Standards of Professional Conduct of the CLFP Foundation (the “Standards”).
I am aware that certification or recertification may be revoked due to, among other things, a finding by the Foundation that I have failed to adhere to the Standards. I agree to participate in any peer review or examination conducted by the Board of Directors or designated representatives of the Foundation and to be bound by the results of any such review or examination.
If my certification or recertification is revoked or other disciplinary action is taken upon finding that I have violated the Standards, I agree I shall have no right or cause of action to pursue any claim against the Foundation or any member of its Board of Directors, Advisory Council, its officers, Executive Director or other representatives and I hereby waive and release any claim that I may have, at law or in equity, arising out of any such revocation or other disciplinary action.”